From the The Educational Technology: ICT in Education website
Articles on e-learning and information & communication technology containing practical advice
The new ICT in Education website is well under way!
By Terry Freedman
Mon, 2 Nov 2009, 22:16
Well, the new website is up and running and, I'm pleased to say, gaining in popularity. Quite a few people have messged me by one means or other to say that they like the new look. Basically, I'm determined to resist the temptation to install every widget known to humanity! Instead, I'm more concerned with:
a) great content
b) making it easy to find said content, and
c) encouraging people to contribute.
I have always had these worthy aims in mind, but one of the unintended consequences of having a lot of (a) has been the getting away from (b).
If you would like to contribute to the website, whether in the form of comments or actual articles, please do. (For articles, email me first to pitch the idea.)
As the new website has been going for only a few weeks, there are only 35 articles there at the time of writing (but growing at the rate of at least two posts a day at the moment). These are listed at the end of this post, and I hope you enjoy reading them.
In the meantime, you may like to subscribe to the new site's RSS feed, which is:
That's the one that is going to be updated every weekday, pretty much, from now on.
That's it from me. Please check out the articles below, and check out the new site. And please subscribe to the RSS feed if you'd like to be notified automatically each time there is a new article to read on the site.
Click on an entry title below to view the full text of that entry.
- 'Digital literacy' is a red herring
- 10 Reasons to use Diigo
- 12 factors to consider when evaluating books and other paper resources
- 23 factors to consider when evaluating digital resources
- A text editor with a difference
- Back through the time tunnel: the effects of technology on lifestyle, and techno-romanticsm
- Being too overbearing simply does not work
- Building up slowly: more changes to this website
- Checklist: 8 things to check every day in a computer room
- Checklist: 9 General Principles for Recruiting Technical Support Staff
- Checklist: 9 Guidelines for Managing a Technical Support Team
- Does using the internet affect the brain?
- Handheld Learning Keynotes Now Available
- Have a look: 10/27/2009
- If you tweet, will anybody hear it?
- Interesting sites 10/24/2009 (a.m.)
- Is there a place for the barefoot researcher?
- Life without the internet?
- No comment
- Reflections on Handheld Learning: Authenticity vs Karaoke
- Take a look: 10/28/2009 (a.m.)
- Take a look: 10/29/2009 (a.m.)
- Take a look: 10/29/2009 (p.m.)
- Take a look: 10/30/2009 (p.m.)
- The Internet: Empowering or Censoring Citizens - A talk at the RSA
- Video choice: 10/28/2009
- We're getting there...
- Web 2.0 Project: Alan Perkins' work
- Web 2.0 Project: Jennifer Wagner's work
- Web 2.0 Project: Marina Alfonso's work
- Web 2.0 Project: Sharon Peters' work
- Web 2.0 Projects Book: Deadline Extended!
- Website progress report
- What young people can do, and 7 implications of that
- Where do people turn to for expert advice?
© Terry Freedman Mon, 2 Nov 2009